Simple rules to choose the right shoe!
The last thing I want to hear again in this world is the stereotype that men do not care about shoes, or that all women do. Men have to choose thoughtfully their shoes. It's the only thing women will notice on the first date and your future boss will notice it too.
Here are some simple general rules on how to choose the right shoe with the right outfit.
1. Try to pick a shoe that matches, or is darker than your pants.
2. Although it is a safe bet, socks do not need to match your shoes. Instead, think of your socks as you would a tie - an item that can bring bring the whole outfit together.
3. If wearing a belt, try to match your shoes to it, unless of course, your belt is some multi-colored striped thing.
4. With your jeans, you can wear almost any color or style of shoe but avoid very shiny shoes that were obviously intended for more dressier outfits. Boots, lug soles, sneakers, loafers and sandals all work great with jeans, so you may find it helpful to let the style of your shirt guide you.
5. For casual pants there are a variety of loafers, oxford and other men's shoes that work well with them. Let the ornamentation and style of the shoe guide you towards the look you're trying to achieve.
6. With dress pants, shoot for the same type of shoe that you might wear with a suit. Shinier materials usually indicate a dressier shoe, as do less bulky heels and soles. Choose a shoe that is the same color or darker than your pants, and if wearing a belt, match your shoes to it.
Color matching is a big deal too. Below you will find my 4 simple tips on how to color match your outfit with your shoes. Follow them, dress up and impress!
i) Black shoes work well with navy, grey or black pants.
ii) Brown shoes are best suited to tan, brown, beige, greens, other darker earth tones.
iii) Burgundy shoes work well with khaki, lighter browns, blue and grey.
iv) Tan shoes look great with lighter earth tones, blue, beige, lighter tan or white.
CHECK OUT THE BELOW SHOE BRANDS: